Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a safe yet fun new years. I know I did. First my yotes win and then I go to a friends party. Good times!

Last night the yotes beat the avalanche in a shoot out. They should have had this one. Peter Budaj is one of the worse goalies in the league. We seemed to struggle with shots in the first. Even by the end of the game we had about half the shots Colorado had.

Its been a while, but lets see what i can remember. I remember Ballard making a lot of stupid mistakes (is he turning into jovo? god help us!) I swear we were only using 2 dman pairings the whole third period. (where did boynton and his rotating partners go?)

Vrbata had an awesome night. 2 goals and the clincher in the shoot out. Vrbatas and Muellers goals were amazing. Wolski fanned (or something) on his shoot out attempt. It was definatly a weak attempt.

I was disappointed in the end of 2nd and all of the 3rd period. The guys seemed to be playing to stop Colorado from scoring and not even trying to score. It could be because Gretzky switched all the lines up again except the VHS line. I know we lost 2 games in a row but seriously, the even strength lines arent the problem; its Jovo playing 1:30 on the PP and constantly turning the puck over. Its losing faceoffs, esp key faceoffs during the PK (where has ziggy been?)

Well, thats all for now, Im going to go watch the Pens and Sabres game.

Hopefully we can kick Colorados butt tomorrow night and Chicagos on Thursday. (i got seats 10 rows behind the yotes bench for that game. i hope to get some good pics!)

Quote of the Day:
"We have many good days ahead of us," Gretzky said. "There is a long road ahead of us, but there really is a light at the end of the tunnel."

No comments: